cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

motoffh
Journeyman III

AMD APP build failed

when i succeeding install amd app sdk,then i open OpenCLSamplesVS10.sln with Microsoft Visual 2010 Professional Edition,and select Build Solution to build all solutions , KernelLaunch.cpp : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated,QQ截图20130316102837.png

and

QQ截图20130316102744.png

i try my best to find why,some body say Microsoft Visual 2010 Professional Edition has bugs, do you meet some similal problem with me,please tell me why, thank you very much. I am looking forword to your replay. thanks again.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi,

Can you try creating a simple application using OpenCL from scratch using Visual Studio?

Here are the steps:

1. Take Template.cpp, Template.hpp and Template_Kernel.cl file in a new VS project.

2. Add paths for Include files(cl.h) and library(OpenCL.lib).

3. If you can run that, if might be some kind of incompatibility with chinese language of visual studio.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi,

Can you try creating a simple application using OpenCL from scratch using Visual Studio?

Here are the steps:

1. Take Template.cpp, Template.hpp and Template_Kernel.cl file in a new VS project.

2. Add paths for Include files(cl.h) and library(OpenCL.lib).

3. If you can run that, if might be some kind of incompatibility with chinese language of visual studio.

0 Likes

thank you very much ,i have bulid $(ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT)\samples\opencl\cl\app\TemplateVS10.sln using VC2010 with english language of visual studio,and it shows

Time Elapsed 00:00:04.44

========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

when i run the project,it shows

QQ截图20130318090900.png

i can run the TemplateVS project,but when i build OpenCLSamples.sln with Microsoft Visual Studio Profession Edition(english edition), it has many errors,and it will have the same problem,please tell me why,thank you very much.

0 Likes

You seem to be having problem in KernelLaunch Sample. Try building that sample using Visual Studio. Can you specify what errors Visual Studio reports?

Also Specify your system details: CPU, GPU, Os, SDK Version, Catalyst Version.

I have used he OpenCLSamples.sln many times, for browsing through the complete APP SDK Samples. so it may be something with chinese language.

0 Likes

when i build $(AMDAPPSDKSAMPLESROOT)\samples\opencl\cl\app\KernelLanchVS10.sln,it shows

QQ截图20130318150728.png

and when i click the error,it shows

QQ截图20130318151110.png

my computer information is below:

QQ截图20130318151409.png

my AMD APP driver and sdk version is below

QQ截图20130318151740.png

i install the VS2010 again,and i use the english edition of the visual studio 2010,please tell me why i have that errors,i am looking forword to your replay,thanks.

0 Likes

That certainly looks like a Visual studio bug. Maybe just go through the files pointed by Visual studio, and check for something peculiar. Enable viewing spaces, sometimes they can create these issues.

Anyways i don't think you have any issue in starting OpenCL programming.

FYI I am able to compile KernelLaunch Sample from Visual Studio 2010 at my end.

Message was edited by: Himanshu Gautam

0 Likes