Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sajis997
Adept I

C++ bolt

Hi forum,

I believe someone in the forum is or already have used the Bolt library for OpenCL . Is there any public repository to download it ?

I am using NVIDIA GPU and i think the stand-alone installation of the library will allow me to use it .

What do you think?

Regards

Sajjad

0 Likes
8 Replies
nou
Exemplar

AFAIK you need C++ extension for OpenCL. so currently it is possible use it only on AMD GPU/CPU.

Cant one get the C++ extensions directly from Khronos repository? I think they have all the C++ wrapper files.

0 Likes

C++ extension of OpenCL C language.

0 Likes

Hi nou,

cl.hpp file can be downloaded from http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/api/1.2/cl.hpp

although I am not sure if Bolt is supported on non-AMD platforms. Will ask somone and let you know.

0 Likes

Bolt is not supported on other than AMD platform because only AMD implement C++ extension in kernel language. That mean you can write C++ code inside kernels.

0 Likes

It looks like there was some confusion here. OpenCL C++ extension (for host side) is released by KHRONOS, and is available at khronos site. But BOLT internally uses static C++ kernel language (for kernel side), that is only supported by AMD. So bolt as of now is only for AMD. Here is Kent Knox's reply for more information

0 Likes
jagan
Staff

Adding some more insight to what has been discussed so far.

• BOLT library requires static C++ kernel language extension implemented in the runtime to work seamlessly across platforms and these extensions are currently part of AMD OCL runtime only.
  • BOLT library also has AMP backend support for a subset of the OpenCL enabled routines.
  • However there is a fallback planned and it will occur if there is no AMD GPU device found.  If other GPU devices are found, MultiCoreCPU code path using TBB.  If TBB is not enabled or installed then Serial code paths will be supported for the below routines:
    • Transform
    • Transform_reduce
    • Inclusive_scan
    • Inclusive_scan_by_key
    • exclusive_scan OpenCL
    • exclusive_scan_by_keyL
    • count
    • count_it
    • reduce
    • sort
  • Please wait for BOLT 1.0 Beta release in the near future.
0 Likes

Hi ,

It seems that we have to wait for a while.

I am trying out ViennaCL for the time being.

0 Likes