cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

pednick
Journeyman III

3-way crossfire for ATI/AMD in linux when?

Hi I was just wondering when ATI/AMD is going to upgrade their drivers to be able to do more than two gpu crossfire in linux as I have three gpu chained already but it only enables two of my cards. My system is:

Phoronix Test Suite v3.6.1

Interactive Benchmarking

System Hardware:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2.80GHz (6 Cores), Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5, Chipset: ATI RD890 PCI-e GFX Hydra part, Memory: 16384MB, Disk: 1000GB Seagate ST31000520AS + 1000GB FA GoFlex Desk, Graphics: 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5670 1024MB CrossFire (775/1000MHz), Audio: Realtek ALC889, Monitor: FUNAI TV, Network: Realtek RTL8111/8168B

As you can see Phoronix shows just two of my cards are crossfire enabled.

0 Likes
2 Replies
acidphase
Journeyman III

I've been waiting for answer to this for a long time,

I have similar setup currently on Asus Crosshair Formula V, with an HD 5970 and HD 5870 (all of which are the same GPU Cypress XT I believe). I have a 990FX Chipset with a FX-8150 driving the system.

I now the IOMMU has something to do with the issues but really what it comes down to is the drivers they release as this issue hasn't been addressed properly since 2008 lol

AMD needs to get more aggressive with their Linux support as Nvidia has been pretty good with theirs in which they also recently came out and said they will make it even better due to the the increased demand for Linux gaming. Game Developers like Blizzard and Valve as well as a few others are now ready to start working with the Linux Community for a number of reasons.

Windows 8 upset allot of people both end users and developers so that is one reason, another the Linux Community has been growing super fast I have never seen so many people aware of the OS and interested in running it. The next generations are allot more tech savvy. I see young teens running around with live distro's on their USB sticks constantly.  

0 Likes

Hi all,

this question thread seems to be an answear to my own question:

Should Crossfire works on Linux (Fedora 18 64bits with 2X HD 5750)?

Because currently, my first card is running at 99% and the second one is sleeping (0% usage and slow frequency) under Furmark (windowed)? I checked it with "aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc --odgt".

But in fact I need it for a small openGL FBO program I have done to accelerate computing and it's working fine (and even great) but only on one card!

Is my only chance to get the 2 cards busy is to convert my program to openCL?

I know that openCL is working fine as I use luxmark bench successfully (1 GPU, 2 GPU, 2 GPU + 1 CPU).

0 Likes