cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ccetmech
Journeyman III

Need Help: Problem in windows 8 with AMD Catalyst 12.6 Legacy Driver

I've installed AMD Catalyst 12.6 Legacy Driver for Windows 8 from This Page. I've ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650. I'm facing problems while using metro apps. And many other people have faced the same issue.

Open this link: Camera App: recive "Sorry. the camera app can't be used with this version of windows."

Untitled.png

And If we want to use the Camera/Webcam in Metro app, first we have to disable the "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650" hardware from device manager. After that everything works fine. but after that what about games...?

Without doing this we can't use webcam in camera metro app or skype metro app.

Please give the solution.

There's hundreds of people who are currently facing the same issue.

Disabling the hardware is not a solution.

0 Likes
1 Solution
avk
Adept III

Well, 12.6 is slightly outdated, don't you think ? What about the fresh 13.1? If you agree to download it, then please go there (http://support.amd.com/US/GPUDOWNLOAD/Pages/index.aspx) and select steps from 1 to 5. In your case, it'd be:

Step 1: Notebook Graphics

Step 2: Radeon HD Series

Step 3: Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx Series

Step 4: <Your Windows version>

After this, click at the "Step 5", and you'll see the download page. Good luck .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
avk
Adept III

Well, 12.6 is slightly outdated, don't you think ? What about the fresh 13.1? If you agree to download it, then please go there (http://support.amd.com/US/GPUDOWNLOAD/Pages/index.aspx) and select steps from 1 to 5. In your case, it'd be:

Step 1: Notebook Graphics

Step 2: Radeon HD Series

Step 3: Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx Series

Step 4: <Your Windows version>

After this, click at the "Step 5", and you'll see the download page. Good luck .

0 Likes

FYI on 18th Jan. the driver wasn't updated. Update was released on 21st Jan. Anyway Thanks.

Let me see if it solve my problem.

Thanks, really appreciate it.

0 Likes
corporategeek
Journeyman III

I had similar troubles recently and it took me a while to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it. Morphological filtering is the culprit.

Try this tutorial, it might help: Windows 8 Apps Crash Without Error Messages On AMD/ATI Video Cards

0 Likes