cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ronan_bel
Adept I

Crash Windows 8 switchable graphic (Intel + 7670M)

Hi

I've just set up a new laptop (Samsung NP350 with a Sandy bridge CPU + Radeon 7670M) with VS2012 using Windows 8.

(just to be able to test the Binding of a subrange of a CB feature, the code is DX10.1 compliant)

Running my test code gives a crash, either in x86 and x64 targets.

The same code runs fine on a least 20 different computers (with ATI 4550, 5850, 5870, 6320M, 7870, NVidia (various models), Sandy bridge IGP) either in x86 and x64 using Windows 7 (VS2010)

On windows 8, it crashes always at the same point, after running about 20 seconds without any input (each frame executes the SAME code, with the SAME data)

on the x86 target, it crashes while calling DeviceContext->ClearState()

the callstack for the x64 target is less explicit, but seems to be related.

I don't know if it's related to the ATI driver but it may be ...

(I can send you the necessary files if you want to reproduce it)(ronan.bel@ubisoft.com)

Thanks in advance if you can help me

[I'm dying to be able to use xxSetConstantBuffers1 ]

ATIx64.png

0 Likes
1 Reply
ronan_bel
Adept I

Disabling all the calls to ClearState() avoids the crash (runs fine for 15 minutes).

[but I can't disable those calls in the "final" code, it helps me to be sure that "external" changes to the DeviceContext (shared by several middlewares) are reset to default]

I can't test on another PC to be sure it's ATI switchable specific [the office is closed for the whole week, and I only have this one with Windows 8]

If you want to give a try to this crash, I can send you an EXE by mail, just get in touch with me.

Have a good week-end

0 Likes