cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

chiampo77
Journeyman III

CCC 12.10, OpenGL extension GL_ATI_meminfo not available

Hi all, i have found that in the latest catalyst driver (12.10) the OpenGL extension GL_ATI_meminfo is not available using 4.2 compatibiliy profile. Using 12.8 catalyst driver it is available. Why is it removed?.  What are the policies about this extention for the future? Since we need this extention for our GPGPU application, this information is very important for us.

What can we use instead of this extension to get information about free VRAM? ( performance counter, gpu association, OpenCL, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Simone Chaimpan

www.newtom.it

0 Likes
2 Replies
nou
Exemplar

I have Catalyst 12.10 and I can still see that extension. Try query values event driver don't advertise that extension. Another thing is there are some interesting defines under cl_amd_device_attribute_query in cl_ext.h like CL_DEVICE_BOARD_NAME_AMD or CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_FREE_MEMORY_AMD. I tryed pass them into clGetDeviceInfo and they seems works. At least with SDK 2.7

Thank you very much.

The missing extension is reported using some extension viewer like OpenGL extensions viewer or glewinfo.

I 'm using Windows 7 - XP. I noticed that this extension is not available using the command glGetInteger(TEXTURE_FREE_MEMORY_ATI, ...). It works with catalyst 12.8 but with 12.10 and also 12.11 beta driver give me invalid enum error.

Thanks for your feedback. I will try your suggestions.

0 Likes