cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Raistmer
Adept II

If AMD Catalyst causes BSoD and I want this to be fixed - what proper way to report bug?

Looks like no more developer central tickets. But I don't see Catalyst support forum also.

Where to write?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Raistmer
Adept II

Catalyst 12.11

On Thu 2012.11.15 22:14:19 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini111612-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x171EB)
Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0xFFFFFFFF85D7D040, 0xFFFFFFFF89433968, 0x1, 0x1)
Error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Catalyst 12.6

On Sun 2012.11.04 17:37:12 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini111112-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x14CF5)
Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0xFFFFFFFF84F7ADB0, 0xFFFFFFFF878621D8, 0x1, 0x1)
Bug check description: This indicates that the reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).

0 Likes

Catalyst 12.11 beta 8

On Mon 2012.11.19 16:35:38 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini111912-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x171EB)
Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0xFFFFFFFF85D7D040, 0xFFFFFFFF87ADDA80, 0x1, 0x1)

0 Likes

Well, I had lengthly troubleshouting session with AMD Customer care that tried to convice me that this is hardware issue.

Few days ago I downgraded to Catalyst 12.1 and issue disappeared. It was single change so I quite confident that this issue should be attributed to new Catalyst drivers.

0 Likes