Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rizokuri
Journeyman III

context deleted

Hi,

I recently started using gDebugger to debug my OpenCL application. I'm using multiple kernels and dynamically build my kernels with multiple calls to clCreateProgramWithSource. I noticed that gDebugger will flag my CL context to "deleted" after my second call to clCreateProgramWithSource, I fail to understand what's happening here, and my application is still running smoothly after that.

If anyone could shade some light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
rizokuri
Journeyman III

I found out that I was releasing the program after creating it which apparently caused the lost of context. However, OpenCL didn't return any errors upon using the context for creating other kernels and my application could still run even after the context deletion... I guess OpenCL still has a lot to do in terms of error reporting, but anyway problem solved, thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
rizokuri
Journeyman III

I found out that I was releasing the program after creating it which apparently caused the lost of context. However, OpenCL didn't return any errors upon using the context for creating other kernels and my application could still run even after the context deletion... I guess OpenCL still has a lot to do in terms of error reporting, but anyway problem solved, thanks!

0 Likes