cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bbrennert
Journeyman III

AMD SDK & the ATI Theater HD 750 card.

Does anyone know if the AMD SDK supports the ATI Theater HD 750 card, and would it allow apps access to access and collect video data from the HD 750 card?

0 Likes
5 Replies

That is one of the SDKs I was considering. I need to be able to grab the video data from the HD750 card and run it through some code to modify the image, say blocking out one area of the image, before displaying it.

THX

0 Likes

http://www.amd.com/us/products/pctv/tv-theater/Pages/tv-theater-features.aspx

• With ATI Theater™ HD 750 you record and store on to your PC hard drive enabling greater flexibility, more storage space and more of your favorite TV programs.
  • Capture and convert your home videos, recorded TV shows, and movies into popular video formats such as H.264, AVI, MPEG, DivX, WMV, MPEG4, etc. and take them with you on your portable media device and watch them anywhere you go4,5,6,7.
  • And etc.

-------------------------

Since it can store your TV programs on you PC in ordinary formats such as MPEG. What you could do is to edit them

with some video editing software and display them again.

0 Likes

While that is true, I need to be able to grab the video data live, process it, then send it out to another device. The key is the ability to use the SDK, make a call, and get the raw video returned as a var. It's not clear that the SDK allows/performs this function.

0 Likes

that card look like some sort of TV card. it doesn't seem contain any GPU so IMHO it will be not supported with AMD APP SDK. most likely you need use another API for capturing video from TV cards.