Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Biaowang
Adept II

command queue runtime statistics

hey, guys:

I try to figure out the runtime of my kernels with multiple command queues, confirming that my command queues overlapped well. However, when it run in the cuda profile with on GT430, the result always drop some lines so I turn to AMD platform, hoping gDebugger and APP profiler will draw a complete runtime chart of multiple command queues

However, I found these two tools are really shitty on Linux, gDebugger, in particular, will always run into crash when start the application. And the tutorial html pages are obviously ported from windows. Well, the guys who wrote this shall be complained somehow, at lease from me.

anyone who recommended some robust profiler tools?

appreciated in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
lbin
Staff

Hi Biaowang

You can try our latest developer tool CodeXL which has GPU profiling capability. It provides features such as OpenCL Trace Timeline which should meet your need on Linux.

If you encounter any problem while using our tools, please let us know and we'll try our best to address any problems you have.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
binying
Challenger

profiler tools from third parties other than AMD like PPA from multicoreware?

lbin
Staff

Hi Biaowang

You can try our latest developer tool CodeXL which has GPU profiling capability. It provides features such as OpenCL Trace Timeline which should meet your need on Linux.

If you encounter any problem while using our tools, please let us know and we'll try our best to address any problems you have.

0 Likes

Thanks, I also find this in AFDS 2012.

0 Likes

Yes, It works. Solved

0 Likes

hey, Lihan:

I used the API trace utility of CodeXL to profile my app. However, the accuracy is not reliable. For instance, the tool show me one of clBuildProgram last 5.6 seconds, while the result shrinks to 1.1 seconds when I using clock_gettime.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

clBuildProgram time varies if you compile different kernels.

If you run your program multiple times, there are many factors that affect running time. If you time clBuildProgram by yourself, the duration should roughly matches what Profiler reports.

0 Likes