cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

duver
Journeyman III

app profiler message error

Hello. I have the following error. By clicking on the button "Collect GPU Performance Counters" in the app explorer profiler session, the following error occurs: "AMD APP profiler profile Unable to load data". How to fix it?. Attached image of presented problem. Thank you for your cooperation.

0 Likes
8 Replies
binying
Challenger

Do you get the same error when using APP profiler on any other SDK samples? 

0 Likes

This problem is presented in all examples. Thank you for help me.

0 Likes
yurtesen
Miniboss

I guess the question is are you running your program on GPU?

0 Likes

Hello. I use a graphic card HD7770. The program can be executed whit VS2008 and debbugers whit AMD CodeXL, but can't be debbugers whit VS2008 using option "Collect GPU Performance Counters". The option "Collect Aplication trace haven't problem, but "Collect GPU Performance Counters" present problems.  This problem is presented in all examples. Thank you for help me.

0 Likes

do you use catalyst 12.9 or later? they can be problematic at the moment.

0 Likes

I just asked because the template example uses CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU as far as I can see from the code, and I have seen the profiler suffix the output with the device name and in this case it looked like it was trying to profile CPU device. I get similar errors when I try to profile on GPU with a program which runs on CPU only. Just a guess...

0 Likes
duver
Journeyman III

mmm... i´m using the last version of catalyst software. get itself result with CPU or GPU (CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL).  :S

I learned to use CodeXL. Working perfect. I can´t whit VS2008 and the problem remain unsolved. thank you for help me. Bye.

0 Likes

Or since it's about the tool, maybe you can send an email to gputools.support@amd.com

http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1237622#1237622

0 Likes