cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

3dmashup
Journeyman III

OpenCL 1.1 Download Archive page gives 404 Not Found!

Does anyone have a direct link to the OpenCL 1.1  download archive page?

I need 1.1 as it's still our internal standard  until Nvidia and Intel support it.

I followed the  AMD Web page link to the archive  page and completed the questionnaire and submitted

my answers to get a nice 404 page  not found.

Can anyone PLEASE post a direct link to the archive page??

0 Likes
6 Replies
binying
Challenger

which OpenCL 1.1  download archive page that gave out this error? Can you show the link?

0 Likes

The archive versions of the AMD APP  SDK  has a questionnaire page as a gatekeeper  at the following URL

http://developer.amd.com/tools/hc/AMDAPPSDK/downloads/pages/AMDAPPArchive.aspx

Complete the questionnaire and submit your answers to get a 404 page not found!

When the second submit button is clicked, it  posts the results to  surveymonkey.  This responds with a 404 Page Not Found. I suggest you look

at the surveymonkey URI that is suposed to redirect you to the archives page. Please check  that URI for the archives exists?  Is the URL coded in the

surveymonkey redirect correct?

Why do we have to debug AMD web sites  too?

0 Likes
LeeHowes
Staff

Tim,

Out of interest... Assuming you specify CL_USE_DEPRECATED_OPENCL_1_1_APIS or whatever the flag is, what is there about the latest SDK that doesn't work for 1.1?

0 Likes

Lee,

The things that hold my team back from moving to latest APP SDK are Ignorance, Infrastructure  and Timing.

1) Ignorance  of the CL_USE_DEPRECATED_OPENCL_1_1_APIS  macro functionality. We need to look  again at the feature delta between 1.2 and 1.2 as we missed that one.

2) Infrastructure - we can't just upgrade  a team  to the latest version. We need to add nodes  Windows/Linux APU/GPU

to test  the latest release in a sandbox  before we roll it out.  Adding more H/W  needs a more K Watts we don't have without  rewiring.

3) Timing -  We have frozen the BOM for a release. So once we have released, fixed any post release bugs we can look into an upgrade to  OpenCL  latest.

Regards

-Tim

0 Likes

That makes perfect sense. I just thought it best to check if we were missing anything in the distribution.

0 Likes