cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cherrie_15
Journeyman III

Gpu render problem

hello all, i bought new ati hd 7850 xfx card. and my processor is amd fx 8120. i want working with 3ds max with vray2.2. when i\'m hit the open CL render problems comes. only in gpu render problem. other wise every thing is ok. but i want to render gpu. when i was checking select the open CL device in vray app shows two open CL device. i have enough ram 16 gb and os windows 7 64bit and psu 650w cooler master. please help me make a gpu render. i tried all old and new catalyst drivers. many times i remove the video driver using dirver sweeper and try old& updated driver used. in vray RT engine reply cl_nv_compiler_options not found.

thanking you

0 Likes
4 Replies
nou
Exemplar

it seems that vray rt depend on cl_nv_compiler_option extension. ask for support from vray manufacter.

0 Likes

its not vray rt depend on opencl. its purely graphic card compiling error. this is amd 7000 series not working with vray rt opencl engine. please give me right solution to solve this problem. thanks

0 Likes

it is vray fault that it uses nVidia specific extension.

http://forum.cgpersia.com/f32/vray-rt-2-00-02-ati-amd-radeon-series-opencl-25192/

0 Likes
sandramit
Journeyman III

Hi,

Have you sorted this out?

If not, I maybe have the solution for you. Just make sure that the directory "c:\program files\chaos group" is not in "read-only" (right-clic > properties) and that all the users of the computer have a full control access of that directory (still in the properties > security tab > and there clic sur "edit" and check all the checkboxes in the "allow" column. Do this for all the users that you see).

This solved my problem.

I hope that could help.

Cheers!

0 Likes