cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

alabasterjones
Journeyman III

Automatic resolution change

Alright, this is getting so freaking annoying.

A few days ago, I bought GW2, due to unexpected lagging (9-fps in towns, regardless of graphical settings(that's not why I'm here, btw) ), I started looking around a bit, with drivers and whatnot, I downloaded the latest Catalyst version and as soon as I had restarted the computer and was all set (so I thought) the screen auto adjusted itself, not in the normal way, where it just changes location on the screen, the resolution felt like it got smaller, the "start" button was outside the screen, I couldn't see the clock in the bottom right corner, I didn't know what to do, changed windows-resolution back and forth, didn't help.

Then I opened the Catalyst Control Center, found the screen that was messin' up (Dual-screen), went to "Screen adjustment(or whatever it's in english)" and if I moved the little box like a bit to the right, the screen was back to normal. "okay" I thought, and started playing again, but when I the next day started the computer, the same thing was back, I now knew the solution, so I just did the same thing, and figured that I can live with setting it back manually every morning when I start the computer.

But today, I wanted to play some BF3 and when I got in to a server, the same problem was there, the minimap was "outside" the screen, same goes with basically the entire UI. I tried doing the thing that usually fixes it, but it doesn't help, as soon as I tab up the game again, it's back to being outside the screen.

If it's at all relevant:
Sapphire Radeon HD6950 Toxic

Samsung 27S550A (1920x1080)

LGW2240 (1920x1080)

Driver-something.8.982-120727a-145524C-ATI
Catalyst-version12.8
Provider(?)Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D-Driver8.01.01.1253
Sökväg för 2D-drivrutin
Direct3D-version9.14.10.0924
OpenGL-version6.14.10.11762
Catalyst Control Center-version2012.0806.1213.19931
0 Likes
3 Replies
hsaigol
Adept III

hi alabasterjones,

so let me see if i understand this correctly. you have two monitors and you have set them up as EYEFINITY? and the bezel adjustment gets reset every time you reboot or launch some game? can you attach a screenshot of the CCC page where you have to make the adjustment. That would help in understanding the issue and finding a fix faster. thank you.

0 Likes

http://i45.tinypic.com/y32io.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ivJ-Jquvg&feature=player_detailpage

(sorry for the video, but I can't screenshot when it's actually messed up, as It'll still just shot the screen, regardless of it's possitioning.)

0 Likes

Thank you, but I found a solution, when I first got this monitor, I couldn't use a HDMI-cable because I couldn't scale the screen properly, but I can now do that in catalyst. So I swapped the cable and now it's not messed up.

0 Likes