cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

gpdlg
Journeyman III

GPUPerfAPI unsupported on a Radeon HD 7770 ?

Hello,

I am trying to setup GPUPerfAPI 2.9.314 however GPA_OpenContext failed with the error GPA_STATUS_ERROR_HARDWARE_NOT_SUPPORTED and the following output:

GPA: Entering: GPA_OpenContext

GPA: ADL recognized a non-AMD graphics card.

GPA: Using OpenGL 3.x method to query extensions.

GPA: GL_VERSION is: 4.2.11762 Compatibility Profile Context

GPA: Recognized an AMD Radeon HD 7000 series card.

GPA: Unsupported asic ID.

GPA: Cannot identify graphics hardware.

GPA: Leaving: GPA_OpenContext

It would be interesting that GPA prints the “unsupported asic ID” for debug purpose.

I am using a MSI R7770 graphic card. My system is running under Linux 3.5.3 x86_64 (Arch Linux) and the Catalyst 12.8 drivers.

I thought from the release notes that GPUPerfAPI 2.9 supports Radeon 7000 series. Is it a problem specific to my graphic card or related to my configuration ? Is it a known bug ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
plohrmann
Staff

Hello gpdlg,

The Radeon 7000 series is supported, however we recently discovered an issue in the way we are detecting graphics cards in Linux, and it is causing the "non-AMD graphics card" error that you're receiving. It should work fine under Windows.

We've addressed the issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming release of GPUPerfAPI.

Thank you for getting in touch with us, and we'll be sure to get the updated release out soon.

Since you have addressed the issue at least two months ago, what prevents you to issue a patched version (let’s say a 2.9.1) instead of waiting for an eventual new version which may never be released ...

0 Likes