Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

MackanGyver
Journeyman III

ATI - GLSL bug, confirm bug and where to report

Hello,

I have found what seems to be a bug when using glsl shader language and the latest ATI drivers for FireGL 7200. I simply want to know if there is a correct good place to report this bug.

The problem is that I am using a macro to return a gl_LightSourceParameters struct. This macro returns for example gl_LightSource[0] and this does not work. It does compile and run but the values in position of the returned gl_LightSourceParameters are incorrect or not updated. If the function that calls the macro explicity declared "gl_LightSource[0].position" even though this is not stored anywhere the problem will be fixed.

So, where do I report this bug, I have written a small sample based on an example I found and would like to compress the folder and post it somewhere for other people to confirm the bug, or for it to be fixed in the future. I know a way around the problem.

thanks for your time.

0 Likes
7 Replies
avk
Adept III

ATI/AMD has "Support Home" page, where you can click at "Contact Graphics Support." I'm not sure that this way is correct, but I can't find another. Did you try this?
0 Likes

Ah, did not see that part. Thanks.

Kind of irritating that it requires another registrations... Well well.

0 Likes

Using the mail address is convenient but on the support home page I am unable to access contact graphics support

0 Likes
avk
Adept III

Well, there is another contact exists. If you will look there, then you will see this e-mail: gpudriverdevsupport@amd.com.
0 Likes

Thanks again, will use that mail adress. Seems more convenient.

Sorry for being to lazy to find this for myself.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: avk Well, there is another contact exists. If you will look there, then you will see this e-mail: gpudriverdevsupport@amd.com.

The gpudriverdevsupport email address is for open source developers writing gpu drivers, mostly for X on Linux, Solaris, BSD etc...

0 Likes
avk
Adept III

You're welcome . Although I did never use those two contacts, I hope that you will get an answers on your questions. BTW, I don't think that you are lazy - instead, I think that AMD's Developer Central should be little more convenient.
0 Likes