cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

themidnighter
Journeyman III

RaidXpert not letting me configure anything?

Hey guys n' gals,

I'm having an odd one - never used it before, but the How To and documentation looks very cool on the raidXpert.

I can log in no problem, and create a new user with permissions. Neither 'admin' nor my created user are able to see anything regarding the array configuration.

Please see attached, and thanks

0 Likes
10 Replies
yurtesen
Miniboss

I would first update the drivers... It looks like your raidxpert is ancient

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx

Install both raid drivers and updated raidxpert and try again and let us know if it gets fixed.

Also, you have a motherboard with AMD chipset right? What motherboard model do you have?

0 Likes

Thanks! I'm downloading both now.

I have an M5A88-M and an FX-8150

0 Likes

Unfortunately I'm having the exact same thing happen.

*Edt: That was a new image upload

0 Likes

Yes, but you should also select RAID mode in bios for your ports. It defaults to normal AHCI/SATA mode.

Manual:

http://dlm3cdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/M5A88-M/E6562_M5A88-M.zip

See section 3.4.2

0 Likes

Hey,

Yeah I figured I'd have to do that - however every time I try to change the drivers to RAID, Windows gives me the BSOD as we all knew it would. I could not install Windows while the driver had RAID selected, either - it kept giving me errors, even after I loaded the RAID drivers - Windows/Asus were unable to help.

Also, in ports 4 and 6 I have 2 drives that aren't part of the RAID - they are 2 separate drives.

Thanks!         

0 Likes

I was just replying to this other thread where an ssd was incompatible. What kind of drives you are using? The error he got was at installation windows saying can not install to this drive because it might not be bootable or something like that.... You can google your drives and see if there are other people having the same problem.

I have M5A99X Evo at work and it works fine with raid1, windows, fedora and ubuntu linuxes. Also at home an msi board which works fine with raid5 on windows. (I did not test linux on that). Anyway, my point is that if I had to make an educated guess, I would say something must be wrong either in your motherboard or the drives.

Or, just for testing for this is not a software issue, you might try to install Ubuntu and see what it does?

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/install-ubuntu-desktop

0 Likes

in both my RAID 1 arrays I have 500GB Seagate Barracuda drives.

Spare I'm using a 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda, and a 120GB SSD OCZ Agility drive.

Ubuntu works without question, better than Windows.

I just don't understand why my raid utility isn't working =(    

0 Likes

Am I understanding correctly that you are able to install Ubuntu on RAID1 array of your Seagate Barracuda drives, and boot from it. But when you try to install Windows, it says it cant install, right?

Your raid Utility is not showing anything because you dont have RAID enabled in your BIOS (as you mentioned enabling it causes BSODs). You didnt tell if you were enabling RAID on a drive where windows was installed? (that would be unlikely to work in my opinion). Anyway....

I would next try to use a different installation image, if you are trying SP1, try non-SP1 version or other way around. You can legally download windows 7 installation iso images of both types. I once had a problem where one installed and the other gave error, but then I also used a CD and USB stick so I am not sure exactly what was the problem...

0 Likes

I could not install Windows while the driver had RAID selected

For MBR partitions of HDD

1. Set IDE mode for sb

2. Plug in an empty temporary HDD at least 16/20Gb for Windows 7 32/64

3. Install Windows 7 to the temporary HDD

4. Install RAID driver for the installed copy of Windows

5. Set RAID mode for sb and after all be sure, that your installed copy of Windows 7 is loading and working with RAID enabled

6. Plug in your empty RAID array to sb

7. Use "disk copy" program (paragon for example) to fastly copy the temporary disk to the RAID array

8. Correct RAID partition (extend up to whole RAID array)

9. Remove temporary HDD and work with RAID array

0 Likes

I also sometimes found out that windows installer thinks it cant boot from the drive if it is not in bios boot list or maybe it has to be the 1st entry in bios boot list (did not test it so throughly). Of course one can still boot the installer even if the RAID is in the 1st place if nothing is installed on the raid array, or one can override boot sequence using a key combination in many bioses at boot time or from within bios itself.

0 Likes