cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jwwalker
Journeyman III

gDEBugger "You do not have an AMD GPU Installed"

I get this message, but my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4670.  Hasn't ATI been owned by AMD for some time now?  So doesn't this count as an AMD GPU?

0 Likes
1 Solution

FireGL V7700 is even older than the Radeon HD 4670, being parallel to the Radeon HD 3xxx series. Both hardware modules are unfortunately no longer supported by AMD.

Please have a look in gDEBugger's System Information dialog. Any GPU device which does not have its vendor string as "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." (this includes old hardware as well as new hardware using older drivers) will not support OpenCL kernel debugging.

Do note that API-level debugging of both OpenCL and OpenGL is supported on any device, including CPUs and non-AMD hardware. The message serves only to notify you that OpenCL kernel debugging is disabled.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
yurtesen
Miniboss

I wonder if the 4000 seriesis not supported (it is really old after all). They were removed from latest drivers also (legacy drivers support them). Did you consider upgrading your graphics card? At some point I installed gDebugger to a box with 5000 and 7000 series cards and it did not complan...

yurtesen wrote:

Did you consider upgrading your graphics card?

I don't think that's an option.  The machine is an Apple iMac, which is not built for upgradability, running Windows via "Boot Camp".

By the way, I have received the same warning when I start gDEBugger on another machine with an ATI FireGL V7700 card.

0 Likes

FireGL V7700 is even older than the Radeon HD 4670, being parallel to the Radeon HD 3xxx series. Both hardware modules are unfortunately no longer supported by AMD.

Please have a look in gDEBugger's System Information dialog. Any GPU device which does not have its vendor string as "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." (this includes old hardware as well as new hardware using older drivers) will not support OpenCL kernel debugging.

Do note that API-level debugging of both OpenCL and OpenGL is supported on any device, including CPUs and non-AMD hardware. The message serves only to notify you that OpenCL kernel debugging is disabled.

0 Likes

Oh, I see now.  The warning said something about kernel debugging being unavailable, and I didn't know what that meant.  If it had said that OpenCL kernel debugging was unavailable, then I would have known that I could ignore it.

0 Likes

i have the same problem.. but my graphics card is NVIDIA GEFORCE GT540 M. plslet me know a.s.ap

0 Likes

jwwalker wrote:

yurtesen wrote:

Did you consider upgrading your graphics card?

I don't think that's an option.  The machine is an Apple iMac, which is not built for upgradability, running Windows via "Boot Camp".

In that case, your only option to sell the MAC altogether and get a PC (or a newer MAC). You can probably get better hardware for your money with a PC, and you will probably use windows anyway if you are developing with it so...

0 Likes