Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

michaelwbell
Journeyman III

Firepro Drivers Disabling Eyefinity

Hi All,

I am not sure if i'm posting in the correct place or not. I've tried to search around AMD's sites and this is the only Firepro related forum I could find!

I'm writing quickly because I'm having some real issues with the 4 most recent Firepro Driver releases.

I'm using a Firepro V5800 and used Firepro 3D Driver 8.85.7.2 - JUNE 2011 For the last year.

I did not update because I had no need to.

I recently purchased Video Copilot's 'Element3D' plugin and it will not work with driver 8.85.7.2. So, I updated to the latest driver 3.911.3.4 and Eyefinity support (3 Monitors) was DISABLED!

I have since tried to update to any driver version after 8.85.7.2 and they ALL will disable Eyefinity support for 3 monitors! Please help me. I have now reverted back to 8.85.7.2 until 3 monitor support is back! My setup: Firepro V5800 connected to 3 monitors (DVI + 2x passive Displayport adapters to DVI).

The 3 monitors worked fine together using 2 passive adapters for 2 years now. I've used 'rollback to previous driver' to go back to 8.85.7.2 again and 3 monitors are working fine right now. Just in every release after that, I can never enable the 3rd monitor!!

Would appreciate any and all help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

the V5800 actually supports only 2 DVI monitors. You would need to use 2 active adapters and one DVI to get a 3 DVI monitor setup working. The older driver allowed to enable multiple DVIs as long as those monitors are identical. I attached you a small executable that should re-enable this feature on the current driver. Please run the enableMultipleDVI as Administrator and reboot the system. Now you should be able to activate all 3 monitors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

the V5800 actually supports only 2 DVI monitors. You would need to use 2 active adapters and one DVI to get a 3 DVI monitor setup working. The older driver allowed to enable multiple DVIs as long as those monitors are identical. I attached you a small executable that should re-enable this feature on the current driver. Please run the enableMultipleDVI as Administrator and reboot the system. Now you should be able to activate all 3 monitors.

0 Likes

I cannot thankyou enough!

I updated to the most recent driver then tried your executable and it worked perfectly!

Really, really appreciate your help.

I had previously contacted AMD support and they had told me it was a 'quirk in my system' and not related to drivers.

I still don't understand why the feature is disabled in newer drivers...I've used the Passive adapters in a 3 monitor setup since the start of 2010 and the only stability problem i've had was when the driver disabled it!

0 Likes