Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

blooth
Journeyman III

Determine head which display is attached

Hello,

I am writing a kiosk application which uses 2 Radeon 7750s utilizing all 3 heads of each card to drive a total of 6 displays(not using eyefinity). Each of these displays are mounted in a specific physical position. One of the requirements of my application is that it needs to programatically configure the Windows desktop work space for the displays on application start. The numbering scheme windows gives the displays appears to be random (when a display is replaced with a new one for example). Does anyone know how I could identify a monitor by the head it is plugged into? Also, is there a way to determine which graphics card the display is connected? Knowing both of these connections should allow me to determine where the display is located physically in the "kiosk box".

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
felixcantournet
Journeyman III

This.

I see this question (or something similar) asked over and over again everywhere, and there never is an answer.
It doesn't seem that crazy AMD. Can you please look into it ?
It is asked in the form or another at least 5 times on this plateform, and countless other times on random forums across the web.

I'm no expert but that might indicate there is a need.

0 Likes