cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nvn
Journeyman III

HD 7970 lag

I'm not exactly a developer but I was not able to find any useful info anywhere else so I am trying here.

Recently I bough HD 7970 as a present to my brother. Card is very fast and capable of running anything he can throw at it. Surprisingly, when playing a full screen game on the primary monitor and everything on the second (extended) monitor lags at a rate of 1 fps (even gifs in the forum). How is that even possible for such a powerful card? This is happening ONLY when application is in true full-screen mode (games) and not maximized borderless screen. Any ideas for me to try?

Environment:

Win 8 customer preview 64 bit

Driver downloaded by auto detect tool from radeon support site. (win8 consumer preview.exe 64bit)

0 Likes
7 Replies
nvn
Journeyman III

Any idea at all...? Maybe anyone knows a forum I can post a,t if this is not the right place?

0 Likes
kbrafford
Adept II

Do you have any way of seeing if the same thing happens on that same hardware but under Windows 7 instead?

0 Likes

kbrafford,

Yes, is was behaving the same way on Win7 64bit. Do you thing it might be a hardware issue? I have never seen anything of the sort in all of my years in IT.

0 Likes

I have no idea.

0 Likes

Oh man. That sounds frustrating.

Since you haven't gotten any replies yet here on the software developers forum, try the following resources:

Good luck!

Kristen

0 Likes

Thanks Khristen. I'll try contacting support.

0 Likes

Any informative answer from the other forums? You can try this search engine - Napred.bg. The other idea which came into my mind is this site for franchising

The other idea for business from home which I recall is MLM or this site - http://deportedirecto.es/

0 Likes