cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

OpenCL DirectX10 Extensions

I'm relatively new to OpenCL and have been having no troubles with it up until I started to try to use the d3d10 sharing extension. Specifically I can't seem to get anything to compile...

Here is some info about my setup:

SDK: AMD APP SDK v2.7

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series

IDE: Visual Studio 2010

When I query the device for extensions here is what it returns:

"cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_khr_d3d10_sharing "

I added this in my header:

#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_khr_d3d10_sharing : enable

#include <CL/cl_d3d10.h>

When I compile my project (which simply references the function clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR) I get the following output:

warning C4068: unknown pragma

error C3861: 'clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR': identifier not found

Is there something else I need to do before I can use these extensions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

So, I think I figured it out...

I came across the clGetExtensionFunctionAddressForPlatform function when reading through the man pages, and when looking at the cl_d3d10 header, I noticed that its a bunch of type defines for function pointers. Long story short I wrote the following code and was able to successfully call a d3d extension function.

clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR_fn function = (clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR_fn)clGetExtensionFunctionAddressForPlatform(this->platform_id, "clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR");

ID3D10Buffer *resource = 0;

cl_int errcode_ret;

cl_mem memory = (*function)(

this->context,

CL_MEM_READ_WRITE,

resource,

&errcode_ret

);

Now, the error code returns -30 which is CL_INVALID_VALUE, but this makes sense, because the ID3D10Buffer is null. Next I'll try calling it with a properly initialized d3d buffer.

Is this the proper way to access OpenCl extensions?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
nou
Exemplar

#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION go into kernel code. not normal host code.

Thanks nou,

That solves the pragma warning, but the error still exists. I searched SDK for the d3d function signatures and found that they were wrapped in a define D3DINTEROP (something like that). I tried to simply define that in my build, but it still didn't fix my error.

I'll keep posting what I find...

Thanks again.

0 Likes

So, I think I figured it out...

I came across the clGetExtensionFunctionAddressForPlatform function when reading through the man pages, and when looking at the cl_d3d10 header, I noticed that its a bunch of type defines for function pointers. Long story short I wrote the following code and was able to successfully call a d3d extension function.

clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR_fn function = (clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR_fn)clGetExtensionFunctionAddressForPlatform(this->platform_id, "clCreateFromD3D10BufferKHR");

ID3D10Buffer *resource = 0;

cl_int errcode_ret;

cl_mem memory = (*function)(

this->context,

CL_MEM_READ_WRITE,

resource,

&errcode_ret

);

Now, the error code returns -30 which is CL_INVALID_VALUE, but this makes sense, because the ID3D10Buffer is null. Next I'll try calling it with a properly initialized d3d buffer.

Is this the proper way to access OpenCl extensions?

0 Likes

So I tried the above with a properly initialized d3d10 buffer and it did indeed work so...

0 Likes