Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Ozo
Journeyman III

OpenGL CrossfireX / SuperAA programming

Hi,

I am interested in doing some OpenGL programming and would like my application to detect CrossfireX setups and take advantage of it. 

However, instead of AFR, I would like to force the CrossfireX mode to be SuperAA 16x AA mode, or any other high-quality AA mode that's available.

Can someone comment on the best AA modes available in OpenGL with a CrossfireX setup, ... and how can my OpenGL application take advantage of them?  

Note: If that's impossible to programmatically control CrossFireX, is it possible to guide our users to manually force a specific SuperAA mode through his control panel?

Thanks,

Ozo.

0 Likes
2 Replies
pboudier
Staff

the crossfire mode can be setup through the control panel, but not through any opengl API.

if you run on a consumer board (radeon), you need to make sure that your application is in the list of profile (atiogl.xml).

on a workstation board, crossfire/AFR is enabled by default for all applications.

regards,

Pierre B.

0 Likes

How do you enable crossfire/split frame rendering (both SuperTile and Scissor)?  At most I only see enable crossfire/dual graphics in CCC.

So how does a developer go about programming with this in mind?  If you could, please link the relevent SDK and some samples.  Thanks!