Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

vns
Journeyman III

APP Profiler support for fusion APU

Hi,

Is there support for GPU performance counters on AMD Fusion APU? In particularly BeaverCreek (Llano) and Loveland (Zacate).

Insofar I'm seeing confusing results from running sprofile. Where whether counters are to be sampled, would depend on numerous factors,  including system configuration, windows or linux OS, and version of the catalyst driver.

ProfilerVersion2.3.811
 Catalyst 12.12

APP SDK 2.5

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Karthick

It will be fixed in the upcoming version of APP Profiler. Currently, there is a work around:

1. Download GPUPerfAPI from http://developer.amd.com/tools/GPUPerfAPI/Pages/default.aspx

2. Replace the GPUPerfAPICL.dll and GPUPerfAPICL-x64.dll under APP Profiler installation directory with the downloaded ones. Default installation location is C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\tools\AMD APP Profiler

3. Install the latest Catalyst driver.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lbin
Staff

Hi vns

This is a known issue. Performance counter mode currently doesn't work on APU devices. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hi Lihan,

Could you please let me know, when are you planning to fix this issue with the APU devices.

Right now I am using "sprofile - V2.4.1294" on A6-3420M APU, trying the command line utility and could not generate information on performance counters.

Thanks and regards,

Karthick

0 Likes

Hi Karthick

It will be fixed in the upcoming version of APP Profiler. Currently, there is a work around:

1. Download GPUPerfAPI from http://developer.amd.com/tools/GPUPerfAPI/Pages/default.aspx

2. Replace the GPUPerfAPICL.dll and GPUPerfAPICL-x64.dll under APP Profiler installation directory with the downloaded ones. Default installation location is C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\tools\AMD APP Profiler

3. Install the latest Catalyst driver.

0 Likes

Thanks Lihan. Performance counters are working now.

0 Likes

Lihan - I did as you stated (but on Linux), and am using the latest official (non-beta) driver. While more performance counters were present in the output file, all values were recorded as 0.00 (ex. 0.00 wavefronts?). Do you know what else is necessary to enable these performance counters under Linux?

Thanks!

0 Likes