cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

settle
Challenger

AMD A8 3870K Black Edition and AMD Radeon HD 5xxx, 6xxx, and 7xxx in Linux

I've built three different desktop linux systems, each with an A8 APU and discreet graphics card (5xxx, 6xxx, and 7xxx).  My problem is that none of them show both the igpu and dgpu in clinfo at the same time despite setting both DISPLAY=:0 and COMPUTE=:0.  I've had a similar problem like this with my laptop linux system with an A8 APU and discreet graphics card (6xxx).  Unfortunately, no one from AMD has found the root cause to that problem, but now it is three other system configurations and desktop systems, so no more shifting the issue onto the laptop vendor.  These systems are all running the newest proprietary linux driver 12.3.  What's happening?  This is a great disappointment if I can't use all these compute devices at the same time for OpenCL as I expected.

AMD, please test these kind of configurations and let me know if there is anything I can send to help get to the bottom of this.  Also, if you have any timeline on a permanent fit or even hotfix, please feel free to share .

0 Likes
0 Replies