cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

corry
Adept III

LDS/UAV interaction?

So, I've really extensivly tried to debug this problem.  Still sitting at my desk a lot later than I had planned! 

Here's what I see...

If I use dcl_lds_id(0), then uav data written to addresses where address%0x100==0, are trash.  No matter what I try to write, it's the same trash, but not the same trash at every address where%0x100==0.  Trash none-the-less

If I use dcl_lds_id(1), I get different trash than id(0)

If I used id(2), id(4), I get the same trash as id(1)

With me so far?

Switched uavs, initially tried 3, switchted to 8.  Same trash as before, i.e. no effect.

Switched which card I was running it on, tried both 6990 cores, and a 6970 core.  No effect, same trash shows up with the same lds values. (So bad ram is ruled out)

No other kernel I have used has had this problem, but no other kernel I've written used the lds. 

Other kernels I have on my machine still appear to work, but they don't write much data (total of 32 bytes)

So either I have 3 sets of dead ram, which is somehow effected by the lds, there's some bug, there's something obvious I'm missing, or some software needs updating.  Machine is windows 7 x64 ultimate.  Doesn't appear to be SP1.  (though I had thought it would have come with that).Driver packaging information is 8.93-111205a-132104C-ATI. 

Yeah, I'm at a loss!

0 Likes
4 Replies

Does equivalent code work in OpenCL? Since CAL/IL is not supported anymore, there won't be any bug fixes for issues that don't show up via OpenCL.

0 Likes

So you're telling me the symptoms described sound like a software problem to you???

0 Likes

well, forget it...I'll work around it for now...I sure hope you are working on getting us a replacement asap...As I said before...this move is about as bad as the shuttle....lets abandon something working, usefull, and needed *long* before we have a replacement...

0 Likes

corry,

The replacement will be FSAIL for the fusion stream architecture.  The best thing you to do in this situation is write code in OpenCL, see how it generates AMDIL, and follow that approach. This is what is tested and known to work. I understand the frustration of not having a better solution, but we are working on bringing one out.

0 Likes