cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

gr00verider
Journeyman III

new Update

ok i have a 5770 with the new update(12.3)  that came out today i did what it asked me to do so, i install the update now i have now sound going to my TV only throught my head set. i go to hardware and sound on my windows and now it dose not show my tv witch was hook up through a HDMI cable it only see it as a  monitor i try to down grade the patch to (12.2) and try to get it back and still had no sound throught the TV. Now i had to uninstall the catalyst control center from the computer, and reinstalled it and still have no sound through the tv only throght the headset. i have all the setting to where thay where befor the update and still have no sound. P.S. I use the HDMI as my the Video card as main sorce of sound to my tv i have no sound card other then the 1 on the mother board

i need some help any 1 can help me ??

0 Likes
4 Replies
kcarney
Staff

Hi Steve,

I'm not familiar with the problem that you are describing. Sorry! Here are a few resources that I hope are helpful:

Please let me know if the 2 resources above didn't help you resolve the issue, and I'll do some more digging for you.

0 Likes
you_ve_been_swain
Journeyman III

I'm having the same exact issue. It tells me that the tv sound (AMD HDMI output) is unplugged. Tried everything you did, even a recovery, and nothing worked. Running a 6770 though.

EDIT: Fixed now. Kind of feel like an a55hat. Unplugged everything and replugged it, also used a different HDMI port on the tv.

EDIT #2: This was a temporary fix. It has to be redone every 12 hours or so because it bugs out again with the same issue.

0 Likes
magikmunkimna
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue. I only just got around to installing the update today and it killed my sound. I run a 6770 through the TV over HDMI, picture still works but sound is dead. I can see 'AMD HDMI Output' under my audio devices but windows 7 thinks it isn't plugged in.

When I got this computer I didn't have any sound and had to instal a generic Realtek driver to get it working, is this just a flaw with the AMD drivers when combined with something else that happens to be on my system?

0 Likes

That sound very frustrating.

Try contact AMD support either by email (http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/) or by phone (http://support.amd.com/us/contacts/Pages/global-technical-support.aspx). This appears to be an issue that AMD support can help you with.

Cheers!

Kristen

0 Likes