cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

darKoram
Journeyman III

clinfo error

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } -->

Hello,

I'm just getting started with OpenCL.  I went to hgpu.org and downloaded their example file.

Upon running "make", I get errors:

$ make

g++ -L/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86_64 -L/usr/lib64 -I/opt/AMDAPP/include -lOpenCL -c -o OpenCLInfo.o OpenCLInfo.cpp

OpenCLInfo.cpp:23:37: warning: format ‘%u’ expects argument of type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 3 has type ‘size_t {aka long unsigned int}’ [-Wformat]

g++ -L/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86_64 -L/usr/lib64 -I/opt/AMDAPP/include -lOpenCL OpenCLInfo.o -o OpenCLInfo

OpenCLInfo.o: In function `clGetDeviceInfoUint(_cl_device_id*, unsigned int, char const*)':

OpenCLInfo.cpp:(.text+0x69): undefined reference to `clGetDeviceInfo'

I then tried running clinfo and got the following:

/opt/AMDAPP/bin/x86_64$ ./clinfo

ERROR: clGetDeviceInfo(-30)

Reading several forums, it seems that this error is most often triggered when one is using a mix of ATI and NVidia resources (hardware or software) on one machine.  I am running ubuntu 11.10 with Catalyst 11.11/fglrx 8.881 installed on an intelCore i5 with Radeon HD 5470 graphics.

I develop on Sofa and Blender which both install CUDA files

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

/usr/include/linux/cuda.h

/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44

I also installed the Intel OpenCL SDK.

Any ideas what is causing the ERROR: clGetDeviceInfo(-30)?

Here is the output for my clinfo

thanks,

kesten

0 Likes
3 Replies
nou
Exemplar

what attribute do you query when you got that error?

0 Likes

Hi nou,

I wish i knew.  ./clinfo seems to be dumping a lot of generic platform/device/opencl information.  Here is the output for my clinfo

The last few lines are

Platform Name:                 Intel(R) OpenCL
Number of devices:                 1
  Device Type:                     CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
  Device ID:                     32902
ERROR: clGetDeviceInfo(-30)

So i guess if someone with a good install knows what comes after Device ID, they could tell me.  **ha ha** I just went looking for the source code to clinfo, then remembered the SDK isn't open source.

So if anyone can tell me what comes after Device ID: i might be able to continue troubleshootin.

darKoram

0 Likes

ah so that is clinfo from AMD SDK. well after Device ID it query board name which is not a device name, that is almost at the end of listing. so it seems that clinfo query some unsported attributes on Intel platform so it return error INVALID_VALUE.

try disable intel platform with moving ICD file from /etc/OpenCL/vendors somewhere else.

0 Likes