Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mexicanw
Journeyman III

AMD APP SDK 2.6 for linux downloads are corrupted

Hi,

Both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads cannot be decompressed. The archives seem corrupted. Can you please update them?

0 Likes
18 Replies
ssarangi
Journeyman III

The Windows ones are corrupted too.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: ssarangi The Windows ones are corrupted too.

I can confirm that.

Windows x64 2.6sdk 5.69MB

Should be 208.8MB

0 Likes

Windows x64 v2.6 SDK for Vista/7 are corrupt too.

0 Likes
HarryH
Journeyman III

confirm, md5sum for linux 64 bits doesn't check

0 Likes

What do you mean md5sum doesn't check? 😄 The tar.gz file is 17MB instead of 93MB, for crying out loud!

0 Likes

Will they ever fix this I hope?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Meteorhead What do you mean md5sum doesn't check? 😄 The tar.gz file is 17MB instead of 93MB, for crying out loud!

That's probably the reason then, no need for AMD to look deeply into it, just find the missing (mega)bits :D. Talking about quality control, all this fills me with deep misgivings.

0 Likes

The downloads for the Windows OpenCL 1.2 preview driver returns a file not found error:

http://developer.amd.com/Downloads/OpenCL1.2-Static-Cplus-preview-drivers-Windows.exe

0 Likes

The actual update of the webpage and links took some time...

We believe that now the links are working properly.

We've downloaded and installed the Linux and Windows SDKs, and they managed to install properly. We also checked the preview driver for windows.

Please check the SDK page again. Also, try to clean the browser cache and try...

0 Likes

Originally posted by: ofer_rose

Your faith is misplaced, the 64 bit versions (Linux, Windows) are still broken. The 32 bit Linux version has the correct MD5 sum. The 32 bit Windows version appears to be OK but has a different MD5 sum from that on the download page.

0 Likes

64-bit windows still has some issues:

Catalyst 11.12 driver installs amdocl.dll but fails to install aticalrt.dll (on a system without AMD GPU), therefore kernel analyzer fails to start.

Trying to manually extract the dlls out of the install repository yields invalid files.

Same thing with the OpenCL runtime installation out of the SDK 2.6 instead of Catalyst 11.12 - aticalrt.dll is missing.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: HarryH

Your faith is misplaced, the 64 bit versions (Linux, Windows) are still broken. The 32 bit Linux version has the correct MD5 sum. The 32 bit Windows version appears to be OK but has a different MD5 sum from that on the download page.

Did you erase the browser history ? sometimes the browser cache contains the old page with broken links...

0 Likes

Originally posted by: HarryH

Did you erase the browser history ? sometimes the browser cache contains the old page with broken links...

Yes, did you try downloading the 64 bit versions?

0 Likes

Now (16:22 UTC) I can download and extract linux64, MD5 is different from download page though

0 Likes

I am able to download the packages(64bit lnx).

MD5 checksum is also correct.

check sum: 935f3490d1e3aac1bb6b3472488ead93

0 Likes

I downloaded the linux64 package and inside there is and archive called AMD-APP-SDK-v2.6-RC3-lnx64.tgz.

Note the RC3 part.

Is this the final release?

0 Likes

yes. 2.5 had RC2

0 Likes
axeoth
Journeyman III

@nou: thank you. i think this should be stated explicitely in the FAQ. other users could have the same doubts.

btw, i find a really strange politics to not remove the "RC3" part from the name. why?

0 Likes