cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

tdma
Journeyman III

clAmdBlasTune crashes at GEMM (but runs for GEMV,SYMV)

Everything runs fine, except the tuning of GEMM. What is different between GEMV, SYMV and GEMM?

ip:~ # ./clBlasVersion
./clBlasVersion: /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib64/libclAmdBlas.so.1)
clAmdBlas version 1.4.182
ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune
./clAmdBlasTune: /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by ./clAmdBlasTune)
GEMV tuning is complete.                    

SYMV tuning is complete.                    

GEMM is being tuned, progress:  3.70% waitForSuccessfulFinish() failed with -36(UNKNOWN)

Here system details:

http://pastebin.com/LJHQF5Nf

I very much would appreciate it if programmers can fix this.

Thanks

T

0 Likes
3 Replies
tdma
Journeyman III

here, errors to some more procedures:

ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune --syrk
./clAmdBlasTune: /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by ./clAmdBlasTune)
SYRK is being tuned, progress: 31.25% Floating point exception
ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune --syr2k
SYR2K is being tuned, progress: 31.25% Floating point exception
ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune --symv
SYMV tuning is complete.                    

tuning is complete.                    

ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune --trsm
ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune --trmm
TRMM is being tuned, progress:  7.81% Floating point exception
ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune --gemm --float
GEMM is being tuned, progress:  3.29% waitForSuccessfulFinish() failed with -36(UNKNOWN)
ip:~ # ./clAmdBlasTune --gemm --double
GEMM is being tuned, progress:  0.57% waitForSuccessfulFinish() failed with -36(UNKNOWN)

T

0 Likes

Hi tdma~

I'm looking over the system details that you have posted, and I see that you are running clAmdBlas tuning on an Nvidia software stack on Nvidia hardware.  Our OpenCL libraries should be platform agnostic, but I must confess that we don't have the same setup that you are running on in our testing lab.  

clAmdBlasTune is fairly complicated code, stressing both the underlying software and hardware layers to find 'optimal' kernels.  It does not suprise me greatly that you found issues on the Nvidia platform.  At this point, I can only say that the errors that you see are probably real, but i can't guess at this point where in the software stack the problem is.  We will take a look at increasing test coverage on Nvidia platforms for future releases.

Thank you for reporting this.

0 Likes
tdma
Journeyman III

OpenCL is OpenCL.

0 Likes