cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

david_aiken
Journeyman III

clCreateEventFromGLsyncKHR

I'm currently unable to resolve clCreateEventFromGLsyncKHR() linking against the ati stream 2.2 libatiocl64.so or libOpenCL.so libraries under $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/.../lib/x86_64 on Ubuntu Lucid 64-bit, though it is declared in cl_gl_ext.h. Can anyone confirm that I'm looking in the right place? Tried running nm against the libs, but no symbols. Out of idle curiousity, are debug symbols available?

thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
nou
Exemplar

this will be definitely supported at earliest in next release.

0 Likes

I am trying to use clCreateEventFromGLsyncKHR to synchronise OpenCL and OpenGL as I am finding using glFinish/clFinish quite slow.

Unfortunately I am experiencing the exact same issue that the originator of this thread was. This is with the APP 2.5 running on a Radeon HD5870. Is this function still unsupported?

0 Likes

yes OpenCL implementation must support cl_khr_gl_event extension. try wait for 2.6 which will be released on 13.12.

0 Likes

Does your hardware report the following extension cl_khr_gl_event?

Can you be clear whether clCreateEventFromGLSyncKHR is not working at all or is making clFinish call slow.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: himanshu.gautam Does your hardware report the following extension cl_khr_gl_event?

Can you be clear whether clCreateEventFromGLSyncKHR is not working at all or is making clFinish call slow.

Appologies, re-reading my original post it is not as clear as it should be. To clarify.

My issue is that using glFinish/clFinish to wrap a section of code calling OpenCL kernels that access shared OpenCL/OpenGL assets is quite slow and so I wanted to explore the synchronisation events approach. 

I did check the extension support and indeed it isn't on my HD 5870. I tried implementing the approach just in case.

With the above in mind my question was more regarding future support, whether this extension/functionality is something that is likely to be supported in future and if so, only on future hardware or on current hardware too?

0 Likes