cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cadorino
Journeyman III

Integrated GPU not found on AMD A-8350 APU

Ho can I make it to be recognized by OpenCL?

Hi there, 
I'm working on high level programming models for APUs. Today I had the chance to assemble a system made of an AMD A-8350, an ASUS FM1 motherboard and an ATI ragePro.
The ATI ragePro is a temporary card needed because of the lack of an integrated VGA port.
I installed the Catalyst software suite (v 11.11) and the AMD SDK 2.5 on a Windows 7 32-bit os.

The problem I encounter is that OpenCL doesn't recognized any GPU. This is actually OK for the ragePro, but OpenCL should at least recognize the GPU integrated inside the CPU die.

When I (re)tried to install the catalyst software suite, I discover that the device drivers are not listed inside the set of components the installer suggests me to install. I think that probably it is the lack of device drivers that makes the integrated GPU not recognized by OpenCL, but I'm not sure about that.

Can you help me? Anybody of view have encountered the same problem on a Llano APU?

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
4 Replies
scharupa
Staff

Are you able to see two devices in Device Manager?

can you set the below environment vairable and check the clinfo

#set COMPUTE=:0

0 Likes

Thank you for your response.

No, I can't see any GPU devices except for the standard vga adapter used to connect the monitor.

Any suggestion?

I attach a screenshot of the Device Manager.

Device Manager APU A-8350

0 Likes

can you download A series APU driver from amd web try installing...

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

0 Likes

Hi.

With your link I download the catalyst mobile suite. Once executed, it doesn't list the device drivers among the components to be installed.

I also tried to plug an external card (FirePro v8800). In this case the catalyst suite tells me that I have to install the device drivers. Anyway, once installed (v11.11), the integrated GPU is still not visible inside OpenCL.

I'd like to know how AMD performed its tests, such as: http://blogs.amd.com/developer/2011/08/01/cpu-to-gpu-data-transfers-exceed-15gbs-using-apu-zero-copy...

It's incredible that I'm not able to view the integrated GPU neither on device manager nor insie OpenCL.

Any help?

0 Likes