Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sschuberth
Adept I

Using GPU ShaderAnalyzer to check GLSL shader syntax on non-AMD system

Hi,

I'd like to use GPU ShaderAnalyzer's (GSA for short) command line interface to check the syntax of GLSL shaders on systems that no not have an AMD GPU inside. To do so, I was planning to call GSA in a pre-build step of my project, check its return code, and if its non-zero, dump any messages to the console. My guess was that the best ASIC target in such a case would be "IL", i.e. AMD's intermediate language for GPU shaders. "ALL" causes too much noise because it cannot compile for certain GPUs. So I took the example

GPUShaderAnalyzer Test.hlsl -Analyze Test.txt -Profile ps_3_0 -ASIC ALL

and replaced "ALL" by "IL". B...

0 Likes
3 Replies
sschuberth
Adept I

I just tried the new GSA 1.57, and still its command-line usage is broken. On a freshly installed Win7 64-bit system I ran

GPUShaderAnalyzer.exe default_frag.glsl -A a.txt -C IL

which first returned to the prompt, and then printed the error message

Could Not Find D3DX

So it looks very weird on the prompt, like

C:\Program Files (x86)\GPU ShaderAnalyzer>GPUShaderAnalyzer.exe default_frag.glsl -A a.txt -C IL

C:\Program Files (x86)\GPU ShaderAnalyzer>Could Not Find D3DX
C:\Program Files (x86)\GPU ShaderAnalyzer>

And then it wait for a key press.

After installing DirectX, the error message again changes to "No ASIC specified" (which is not true, as I've specified "IL").

Please fix the command line usage, it would be very nice to have.

0 Likes

Thank you for your feedback.  IL is not currently supported as a compilation target through the command line option.  We will add this feature request into our system.  Meanwhile, you can select one of the valid output ASICs, such as Redwood, with the command line option -C.

0 Likes

Thanks! Could you please also enter a feature request to not wait for a key press when using the GSA command line interface? This is very inconvenient when calling GSA in scripts.

0 Likes