Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

spectral
Adept II

SDK 2.5 Bug : access violation

Hi,

I have some OpenCL code (works on other platforms) but crash with AMD SDK.

It seems that it does an access violation when accessing "shaderParams->params.matte.Kd". in line 9 !

But it print the correct value (1.f). If I remove the line 9 there is no problem !

It looks like a Bug in the SDK (I work on the CPU).

Krys

clReflectance shader_matte2(clScene* scene, ShaderGlobalParameters* globals, ShaderParameters* shaderParams, NextEventPath* nextEventPath) { clReflectance f; ClosureParameters p_21; p_21.params.diffuse.N = globals->N; printf("%f\n", shaderParams->params.matte.Kd); f = Integrator(scene, globals, 0, &p_21, nextEventPath)*shaderParams->params.matte.Cs; //f *= shaderParams->params.matte.Kd; return f; }

0 Likes
7 Replies
spectral
Adept II

I also join the declaration of my structure :

struct __attribute__((packed)) ShaderParam_matte { float Kd __attribute__((packed)); clRGB Cs __attribute__((packed)); }; struct __attribute__((packed)) ShaderParametersStruct { uint shaderId __attribute__((packed)); union __attribute__((packed)) { struct ShaderParam_ashikhmin ashikhmin; struct ShaderParam_ashikhmin_velvet ashikhmin_velvet; struct ShaderParam_debug debug; struct ShaderParam_emitter emitter; struct ShaderParam_emitter_textured emitter_textured; struct ShaderParam_glass glass; struct ShaderParam_glass_rough glass_rough; struct ShaderParam_glass_textured glass_textured; struct ShaderParam_glossy glossy; struct ShaderParam_matte matte; struct ShaderParam_matte_textured matte_textured; struct ShaderParam_metal_rough metal_rough; struct ShaderParam_mirror mirror; struct ShaderParam_mirror_textured mirror_textured; struct ShaderParam_oren_nayar oren_nayar; struct ShaderParam_phong phong; struct ShaderParam_transmissive transmissive; struct ShaderParam_ward ward; struct ShaderParam_unit_test_builtinfunctions unit_test_builtinfunctions; } params __attribute__((packed)); };

0 Likes

No reaction ?

It will be fine to have a "bug tracking" tool for us to send you bugs, tests cases etc... 😛

0 Likes

is it the same if you replace:

f *= shaderParams->params.matte.Kd;

by:

float tmp = shaderParams->params.matte.Kd;

f *= tmp

or simply:

f = shaderParams->params.matte.Kd;

?

It's not sure you have access violation whe using shaderParams->params.matte.Kd. What kind of type is that clReflectance and clRGB? What type of return you have with this Integrator() function?

0 Likes

Yes,

I have try all theses combinations ! But it still crash 😞

I have play a lot with this code to try to remove this crash, but no way...

I can send the application to the AMD team if needed !

Thanks

#define clRGB float4 #define clReflectance float4 float4 Integrator(...)

0 Likes

viewon01,
You can send the app via this:
http://developer.amd.com/suppo...elpdeskticketform.aspx
0 Likes

Thanks Micah,

I can't because it only accept file < 5 MB, mine is 17 Mb !

Can I send it to your email ?

Krys

0 Likes

Have ytou tried to debug the kernel using GDB?

It can be good to experiment if the issue is with packed structs only?

I would suggest you to try to create a simple test case that shows tha issue.

0 Likes