cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

dar
Journeyman III

APU + discrete GPU

Installing discrete GPU appears to disable APU graphics.  Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H.  A8-3850.  Radeon 6970.  Without the Radeon reports 1 OCL GPU (BeaverCreek).  With Radeon reports 1 OCL GPU (Cayman).  Using Catalyst 11.7. 

Is this expected behavior or should I see 2 OCL GPUs for this setup?

Anyone tried this?

0 Likes
4 Replies
lupescu_grigore
Journeyman III

Yes, i've tried a similar configuration A6-3650 && HD4650 and i could see both devices when quering Amd platform. What OS are you running on ? Do you have the latest drivers installed ? (11.6 with patch or 11.7)

0 Likes

Thanks for confirming this should work.  I investigated further and found it was BIOS setting.  I mistakenly thought having monitors plugged into both displays would cause the IGX to be recogized.  You have to force the the first display to "onboard" in the advanced BIOS settings.  Then everything works out just fine.  Above applies to Gigabyte motherboard, maybe others.  Problem solved.

0 Likes

I do not have a gigabyte board, I have a ASUS.

Using clinfo I can see the external GPU and the CPU. I cannot see the internal GPU.

This seems to me  similar to what happend to you.

My system is Asus F1A75M PRO , A8,  + external Radeon 6570. Ubuntu Natty and Catalyst 11.7 driver

Any one has the same problem and fixed for ASUS ?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: paolo.dalberto I do not have a gigabyte board, I have a ASUS.

Using clinfo I can see the external GPU and the CPU. I cannot see the internal GPU.

This seems to me  similar to what happend to you.

My system is Asus F1A75M PRO , A8,  + external Radeon 6570. Ubuntu Natty and Catalyst 11.7 driver

Any one has the same problem and fixed for ASUS ?

I have your setup, minus the radeon card. I installed a geforce 520 silent pro. Windows 7 is designed to support two GPUs of different manufacturers simultaneously (Heterogeneous Multi-Adapter)

So, I attempted to installed the catalyst ati drivers, and when I right click on desktop, i do not even se the option to get to my "onboard" graphics.

I do not see anything in the advanced bios settings that will do anything. Very frustrated at this point.

0 Likes