Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

clayc
Journeyman III

OpenCL in chroot 32bit ubuntu?

Hi,

I am running a chroot-ed 32bit Ubuntu/natty in a 64bit Ubuntu/natty environment. On the 64bit environment, OpenCL on GPU works fine, and the result of clinfo shows both CPU and GPU devices. However, in the chroot-ed 32bit environment, clinfo shows only CPU device.

In the chroot-ed 32bit ubuntu, I installed Xorg and the ati-driver-11-6 installed without problems.

So my question is: is the above the supported scenario by AMD OpenCL? If so, how do I configure to make the GPU part work?

Thanks,
Clay Chang

0 Likes
1 Reply
clayc
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: clayc Hi,

I am running a chroot-ed 32bit Ubuntu/natty in a 64bit Ubuntu/natty environment. On the 64bit environment, OpenCL on GPU works fine, and the result of clinfo shows both CPU and GPU devices. However, in the chroot-ed 32bit environment, clinfo shows only CPU device.

In the chroot-ed 32bit ubuntu, I installed Xorg and the ati-driver-11-6 installed without problems.

So my question is: is the above the supported scenario by AMD OpenCL? If so, how do I configure to make the GPU part work?

Thanks, Clay Chang

And by the way, I knew that AMD APP SDK supports i386, however for some reasons, my software need to be run in chroot 32bit environment.

The version of AMD APP SDK I used is 2.4, and the linux driver is 11.6

Thanks,
Clay Chang

0 Likes