cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

pgroke_at
Journeyman III

Is it possible to always have the bottom connector be \\.\DISPLAY1 and the top one \\.\DISPLAY2?

We're developing a video jukebox, and we need the Windows "\\.\DISPLAY1" routed to the "first" DVI connector of the graphics card (the bottom one), and the "\\.\DISPLAY2" to the second one.

As long as we attach  the same kind of display - either both digital (DVI-D) or both analog (DVI-A), the default after the video driver is installed is fine. However if one display is analog and the other one is digital, then the analog one will always be "\\.\DISPLAY1".

Now this can probably be changed by using the AMD Display Library, but it would be nice if we could avoid that.

Is there any setting in an .ini/.inf File or the registry that affects this behaviour? Any way to disable this "display swapping", except to write our own tool using ADL? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
2 Replies
sambani
Journeyman III

mate, check out this page, may it would help you

click here

Easy to do. Don't need to know any Windows API calls. You just need to know the file I/O interface of your programming language.
Portable. If you port your application to another OS, you don't need to change your settings format.
User-editable. The user can edit the config file outside of the program executing.

Pros of registry:
Secure. The user can't accidentally delete the config file or corrupt the data unless he/she knows about regedit. And then the user is just asking for trouble.
I'm no expert Windows programmer, but I'm sure that using the registry makes it easier to do other Windows-specific things (user-specific settings, network administration stuff like group policy, or whatever else).

If you just need a simple way to store config information, I would recommend a config file, using INI or XML as the format. I suggest using the registry only if there is something specific you want to get out of using the registry.

acne cream|best acne products|triactol|painful intercourse|hgh pills

0 Likes

I'm not suppose to promote the ideas here, but it is fact as it is described above. every one here to comment, suggest even have objection on it. But I'm happy we all are here to share the thoughts views and reviews positively.

0 Likes