cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Gametimehero
Journeyman III

Substitute for kernel app analyzer on linux

I want to run my program on a 64-bit Linux Machine.

My solution consists of CAL code calling AMD IL.

Instead of writing kernels in AMD IL, I decided to go the route of translating my OpenCL Kernels to AMD IL by way of APP Kernel Analyzer (which can only be installed on windows platform?)

Is there anyway to get by this w/o having to get a Windows setup and building the IL code in windows and then porting it over the the linux machine?

I also heard of something regarding the use of something called clang and llvm to generate IL?  Is this something built into the SDK that translates OpenCL to IL automatically?

Seeing how CAL only works with AMD IL kernels, I would need something that is done in pre-processing such that I can access the AMD IL during run time, right?

PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
5 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Have you tried the command line version of SKA?

But i would prefer to generate binary images from clProgram itself once and then load them afterwards.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: himanshu.gautam Have you tried the command line version of SKA?

As far as I know that also only works on windows. At least I couldn't find any linux package.

OpenCL actually has the clGetKernelWorkGroupInfo function which allows to retrieve some of that information. Sadly the AMD implementation only returns 0s on that call, though.

0 Likes

OH. sorry about that. I thought SKA was present for Linux also, which is not the case presently.

But you can use GPU_DUMP_DEVICE_KERNEL to dump the IL and ISA of your kernel. Details in AMD OpenCL Prog. Guide.

0 Likes

Firstly, thank you all for replying to my question.

Since I am running CAL + AMD IL, I believe it is completely separate from OpenCL.  This means that I cannot even consider calling something like clGetKernelWorkGroupInfo...correct?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Gametimehero

Since I am running CAL + AMD IL, I believe it is completely separate from OpenCL.  This means that I cannot even consider calling something like clGetKernelWorkGroupInfo...correct?

Yes, I fear that's the case.

0 Likes