cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

wormkeeper
Journeyman III

Can't see OpenCl devices

Hello! I have a little problem. After installing stream (AMD-APP-SDK-v2.4-Windows-64) i can't see OpenCL devices except my processor. Try to locate it by using GPU-Z, GpuCapsViewer, OpenCLTemplate. All of them seen my video cards (5770, 5750 connected by crossfire) but can't seen opencl on them. GpuCapsViewer, OpenCLTemplate can see opencl on my processor.
How I can enable OpenCl on video cards?

Windows 7, 64
i5
5770, 5750 via crossfire

sorry for my bad English)

0 Likes
9 Replies
mikewolf_gkd
Journeyman III

Can you run samples in sdk 2.4?

0 Likes

Yes, but only on processor.

0 Likes

I guess you need to disable crossfire (disconnect the ribbon cable too) to get it work for opencl. Please check again.

0 Likes

It didn't help(((

(I tryed to reinstall SDK too)

0 Likes

Try the following.

1. Uninstall SDK and Driver.

2. Run a driver sweeper(sometimes required).

3. Now install catalyst 11.5 hotfix version and SDK 2.4.

4. Run clInfo executable present in the bin folder of SDK Developer package directory.

And yes it is better not to crossfire when using GPUs.

0 Likes

I am having the same problem.  When I run Clinfo.exe I get an error called:

clinfo.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll.

So how do I fix the Kernal32.dll library?  (Obviously i am a noob at this stuff)

edit:

okay, sorry for the laziness, i researched kernel32 and figured it out.  now open cl working for me yay!!!

good luck with yours wormkeeper, wish i could help you, i know its frustrating

0 Likes

After uninstalling SDK and drivers (and using driver sweeper) i tryed to install catalyst... But it hangs up during installation... I tryed few version of catalyst (11.5 fixed, 11.5, 10.7, 9.12), but the same shi~ happened. SDK hangin up too.

I'll try to install fresh windows on weekend, maybe it will help...

0 Likes

Yes, Even I tried intalling the sdk but the same issue , if any one found solution , do let us know

0 Likes

Reinstall Windows helped me)

And it was faster then trying to solve it in old windows)))

0 Likes