Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nigi10
Journeyman III

2011 macbook pro: OpenCL compiler problems

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited about OpenCL but there are some problems which really get on my nerves. One problem is that most of the code my colleague wrote (which works perfectly on his NVIDIA card with linux) doesn't work on my machine. This wouldn't be such a problem if there were nice error messages. But the only thing I get is:

cvmsErrorCompilerFailure: LLVM compiler has failed to compile a function.

If I look at the log it tells me:

Running pass 'AMDIL DAG->DAG Pattern Instruction Selection' on function '@test_kernel'

abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   libSystem.B.dylib             0x00007fff85d1b5d6 __kill + 10

1   libSystem.B.dylib             0x00007fff85dbbc7f __abort + 103

2   libSystem.B.dylib             0x00007fff85dbbced abort_report_np + 0

3   AMDil.dylib                   0x000000010273b660 (anonymous namespace)::AMDILDAGToDAGISel::Select_ISD_SRL_v2i64(llvm::SDValue const& + 0

4   AMDil.dylib                   0x000000010274bc96 (anonymous namespace)::AMDILDAGToDAGISel::SelectCode(llvm::SDValue) + 742

5   AMDil.dylib                   0x00000001027526d2 (anonymous namespace)::AMDILDAGToDAGISel::InstructionSelect() + 210

Is it just one of many "known bugs" and if yes is there any way to get a newer version of the AMD driver on to my macbook? Or do I have to wait untill apple fixes it??
Thanks,
Nicholas

0 Likes
2 Replies
nou
Exemplar

ask Apple for support. AMD dont support OpenCL on Mac.

0 Likes

nigi10,
If you used a PC with an AMD chip, this would not be a problem. Apple's OpenCL implementation is months behind the PC implementation and contains issues that are already fixed in the PC version. And as Nou said, we do not support OpenCL on the Mac, so please contact Apple.
0 Likes