cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

et1
Adept II

APP SDK ignores install directory and has no uninstaller?

I just installed the APP SDK 2.4. Up front it asked for a directory, and although it created it, it put nothing there. Instead everything went to C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP. Also I don't see an entry for it under Programs and Features, or another way to uninstall it.

0 Likes
7 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

For uninstalling use the AMD catalyst Install Manager. You can also uninstall/reinstall specific packagees from the folder where you extracted the SDK files.

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the developer package and got that in the folder i specified.

Can you specify your system configuration.

0 Likes

Vista x64. What more details do you want?

I selected "custom" on the second screen of the installer and chose "D:\Dev\ATI Technologies". I wasn't asked at any other time to choose a location, and the target folder was neither what I entered nor the default ("C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies").

0 Likes

Please specify CPU,GPU,SDK version,Driver Version.

I had also tried on a vista x64 ultimate sytem with AMD Athlon CPU and Juniper GPU, with latest SDK(2.4) & Drivers(11.4).

0 Likes

Phenom II X3 710, Radeon HD 5850, Catalyst 11.3, SDK 2.4.

0 Likes

Okay. found the issue. Will report it to developers.

There is a workaround which i happended to find. Try installing the Developer package from its separate installation file. You can find individual installers for all SDK components inside packages folder in the directory where SDK setup was unzipped. For me the location is C:\AMD\SUPPORT\streamsdk_2-4_win764\Packages. You will be asked for directory here.

Although you will have to set the Environment variables AMDAPPSDKROOT & AMDAPPSDKSAMPLESROOT yourself to proper directory.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Just a bit more information.

Try individual installation of runtime package and the environment variable will also be set.

0 Likes