cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

pdmaseberg
Journeyman III

Core profile deprecated warnings only show with shader version 130

In linux if I create a opengl context 3.2 or greater with just the core profile enabled and then use a shader with deprecated stuff I only see warning messages if the shader version is 130. If I use 400 no deprecated warnings show up. I don't know if this is expected or not. 

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
frali
Staff

We recommand you to using the shader version that is greater than 320 when you create a 3.2 context. It's required by the spec. The warning will not effect the result now.

0 Likes

I understander that I should be using 330 or 400 and so on as the shader version. It is just, I like to see the shader warning saying things like 

WARNING: 8:1: deprecated130(#55) 'gl_FragColor' is deprecated since GLSL1.3, we suggest to use 'user defined out variables'

And it seems I only see these warnings if the shader version is 130. This seem buggy to me. I am just wondering is this a bug in the AMD drivers? I would think if I set the version to 400 and use gl_FragColor I should still see the warning above, but I do not.

Thanks

0 Likes

You are right. The compiler is not as strict as you expected. We will improve the quality. Thanks.

0 Likes