cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nou
Exemplar

flex scanner jammed

i upgraded to 2.4 and i got this error message when i executed my code.

flex scanner jammed

and app exit. it exit even with simpliest code like __constant int ar[] = {1,2,3};

and i got that this error cause forgoten -g switch in clBuildProgram()

and most funny is that nVidia has same crash. just another error message about broken llvm build module. on nVdia it was more hidden because without one kernel it compiled fine.

0 Likes
15 Replies

so, using '-g' cause the flex scanner to jam on any kernel or just a few specific kernels?
0 Likes

i must say that attemt to create a test case failed.

i tryed copy whole kernel into SDK sample but it build without a problem and exit on INVALID_KERNEL_NAME.

this version should reproduce a crash http://orwell.fiit.stuba.sk/git?p=cellula.git;a=commit;h=0d06d5c6dc5662ab7bd4b21ba6797af47859aa46

next commit remove that -g switch and add some translations.

0 Likes

This has already been fixed internally. It should be fixed in the next catalyst release publicly.
0 Likes

nou, looking into this more, you should not have hit this issue with SDK 2.4. Can you give me the version string for the SDK?
0 Likes

with 2.3 it works normaly.

when i upgraded to 2.4 yesterday i got this error. but it is because of "-g" switch in build options of kernel. without it it compiled and execute fine.

0 Likes

Where can one find a list of valid compiler options?

0 Likes

OpenCL Specification Section 5.6.3.

0 Likes

nou,
what is the output of CLInfo? The SDK should have installed a newer version than the catalyst 11.4 pre-release. There is a known issue with the pre-release with the flex scanner jamming that should have been fixed by 2.4 release.
0 Likes

meteorhead,
Passing -h to the compiler should spit out a list of options.
0 Likes

OpenCL 1.1 AMD-APP-SDK-v2.4 (595.10)

systen is ubuntu 10.04, with radeon 5850.

0 Likes

nou,
Thanks, that should've had the fix. Looks like it will have to wait for the next release to fix it. I didn't see the problem internally.
0 Likes

can you compile and execute my application?

0 Likes

I took just your kernel and compiled that with internal tools and it worked. I'll test your app next week.
0 Likes

i mannaged to reproduce this crash just with simple kernel compilation. take this kernels and try compile with this build options. root kernel is asynchr.cl

-D QUEUE_LEN=16 -D NEIGHBOR=9 -I./kernels/

0 Likes

nou,
thanks for putting together this test case. This hits a bug I actually fixed on tuesday, so it will be in the next release. I'll try to get into the next catalyst release.
0 Likes