cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ddderer
Journeyman III

Internal Error: Cannot run OpenCL Program!!

I'm using Windows 7(x64) and I installed Cat 10.12 with stream sdk 2.3.

CPU : Phenom ii x6

VGA : Radeon HD 5750

When I run any opencl program, I get an error meessage,

When using cpu :

Error: clCreateCommandQueue failed. Error code : CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY.

When using gpu :

OpenCL Compile Error: clBuildProgram failed (CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE).

Internal error: clc compiler invocation failed. Make sure ATISTREAMSDKROOT is set

OpenCL Error in KernelAlalyzer

OpenCL Sample error (...)

I've tried reinstalling drivers even used older version of sdk's but I got same errors.

Please help me T-T

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\xxx>"C:\Users\xxx\Documents\ATI Stream\samples\opencl\bin\x86_64\ CLInfo.exe" Number of platforms: 1 Platform Profile: FULL_PROFILE Platform Version: OpenCL 1.1 ATI-Stream-v2.3 (451 ) Platform Name: ATI Stream Platform Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Platform Extensions: cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callbac k cl_amd_offline_devices cl_khr_d3d10_sharing Platform Name: ATI Stream Number of devices: 2 Device Type: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU Device ID: 4098 Max compute units: 9 Max work items dimensions: 3 Max work items[0]: 256 Max work items[1]: 256 Max work items[2]: 256 Max work group size: 256 Preferred vector width char: 16 Preferred vector width short: 8 Preferred vector width int: 4 Preferred vector width long: 2 Preferred vector width float: 4 Preferred vector width double: 0 Native vector width char: 0 Native vector width short: 0 Native vector width int: 0 Native vector width long: 0 Native vector width float: 0 Native vector width double: 0 Max clock frequency: 400Mhz Address bits: 32 Max memory allocation: 134217728 Image support: Yes Max number of images read arguments: 128 Max number of images write arguments: 8 Max image 2D width: 8192 Max image 2D height: 8192 Max image 3D width: 2048 Max image 3D height: 2048 Max image 3D depth: 2048 Max samplers within kernel: 16 Max size of kernel argument: 1024 Alignment (bits) of base address: 32768 Minimum alignment (bytes) for any datatype: 128 Single precision floating point capability Denorms: No Quiet NaNs: Yes Round to nearest even: Yes Round to zero: Yes Round to +ve and infinity: Yes IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add: Yes Cache type: None Cache line size: 0 Cache size: 0 Global memory size: 536870912 Constant buffer size: 65536 Max number of constant args: 8 Local memory type: Scratchpad Local memory size: 32768 ERROR: clBuildProgram(-11)

0 Likes
4 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

A few suggestions are:

1. First check whether you are installing the correct packages meant for Win7 64 bits.

2. Try doing a fresh install after uninstalling and cleaning with a driver sweeper.

3. If problem persists check tha value of env variables ATISTREAMSDKROOT and ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLES. Set them as specified in the installation guide.

4. Try running some other sample instead of clInfo. clInfo directly throws an exception and does not show the build log. You can get more information about what went wrong from build log. For eg. try matrix transpose.

Thanks

0 Likes

Originally posted by: himanshu.gautam A few suggestions are:

1. First check whether you are installing the correct packages meant for Win7 64 bits.

2. Try doing a fresh install after uninstalling and cleaning with a driver sweeper.

3. If problem persists check tha value of env variables ATISTREAMSDKROOT and ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLES. Set them as specified in the installation guide.

4. Try running some other sample instead of clInfo. clInfo directly throws an exception and does not show the build log. You can get more information about what went wrong from build log. For eg. try matrix transpose.

Thanks

I reinstalled win7 & drivers but it still doesn't work! T-T

ATISTREAMSDKROOT and ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT are set as default value by installer.

ATISTREAMSDKROOT = C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\

ATISTREAMSDKSAMPLESROOT = C:\Users\???\Documents\ATI Stream\

i checked and that seem to be correct..

when i ran another samples, they gave me same results,

Error: clCreateCommandQueue failed. Error code : CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY.

or

OpenCL Compile Error: clBuildProgram failed (CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE).

Internal error: clc compiler invocation failed. Make sure ATISTREAMSDKROOT is set

but CAL samples work fine.

It is weird, why my computer can't run any OCL samples & programs??

0 Likes

If CAL works atleast the driver is installed properly.

IT is really weird as i have very similar configuration and i am able to run OpenCL. I think some one else can help in a better way.

One thing I find strange is you get different errors on cpu and gpu. Can you check some other example. I prefer matrix transpose due to its simplicity. You can run the sample in debug mode and check the buildlog in case a build error occurs or see the validity of all the parameters passed to the clCreateCommandQueue API in the other case.

0 Likes

Interesting. I downgraded my ubuntu x64 11.04 to x32 10.10 to run OpenCL properly, and although it behaves a little better (I've read the ATI driver does not like some new Linux kernels), it produces the same errors as your windows. I did try both new catalysts,  10.10 and 11.02 for my mobility 5650,  I was surpised to see this mismatch

Supported CAL Runtime Version: 1.3.185
Found CAL Runtime Version: 1.4.900

As I've reported elsewhere, the new catalyst for windows 64 removed these silly obstacles for me. Now, 10.10 and 11.04 ubuntus are "not supported", but the ATI installer builds OK packages for them, OpenGL running without gliches etc. It's the APP SDK that can't cope. I am beginning to think that the SDK includes different "modules" for different GPUs, perhaps according to their logical organization if not more specific, and the logic of these modules is broken in elementary but random ways. I for one would be happy if AMD provided slow but safe versions of these libraries, then if I really wanted to deploy I'd install some verbatim configuration, now that I want to develop expect not to bend over every which way. Some decent diagnostic tools would be fine too, I am not sure AMD is learning anything from our wasted time and efforts! I would even tolerate a phone home tool, which I don't tolerate from Microsoft etc!

0 Likes