Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Amidda1217
Journeyman III

Trouble with ./FindnumDevices

Only one GPU is recognized despite many attempts. 2 ATI 5870's Install

I have tried a number of different methods to get the cards to be listsed.

aticonfig --lsa returns both cards

I have tried

aticonfig --adapter-all --initial -f
export DISPLAY=:0

I have also tried installing SDK 2.3 with driver 10.11

However, ./FindnumDevices continues to return 1 Device. What I did think was a little weird...

If I use export DISPLAY=:0 then one card is displayed. However, 0.0 and 0.1 return 0 devices.

Any advice or solutions in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss.

0 Likes
3 Replies
bollig
Journeyman III

See if these install notes help at all: http://fsuvizlab.blogspot.com/2010/12/opencl-on-ubuntu-1004-lucid-with-two.html

It sounds like Xorg is not setup correctly for two devices. Check that your BusID's in the xorg.conf are unique and match up with the output from lspci (the numbers should match, but the lspci format is different so it wont be an exact match). 

0 Likes
bollig
Journeyman III

Oh and nitpicky detail: did you run "aticonfig --adapter-all --initial -f" or "aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f" (with the equal sign)?  That could screw up the xorg configuration. 

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bollig Oh and nitpicky detail: did you run "aticonfig --adapter-all --initial -f" or "aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f" (with the equal sign)?  That could screw up the xorg configuration. 

Lol, I ran it with the = sign. But good catch. Thank you for the link, I am going to read through it tonight when I get home. I will post with the outcome hopefully soon.

0 Likes