cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Ray_Random
Journeyman III

OpenCL driver not installing on HD5450

I purchased the budget HD5450 specifically to "get started" with OpenCL but I can't seem to get the driver to install.

I downloaded the file described as "OpenCL driver only" for WinXP32, file name 10_12_xp32_ocl.exe and ran it, but it only installed "ATI Stream SDK v2", with no example code or any of the other components mentioned in the Getting Started pdf. Catalyst control center showed no OpenCL driver and this was confirmed by GPU-Z.

I then downloaded Catalyst Advanced Parallel Processing version, uninstalled ATI Stream SDK and the catalyst that came with card, and installed the APP version. Same thing as before. No OpenCL driver, again confirmed by GPU-Z, the only difference to the previous catalyst was the installation of the Stream SDK.

My CPU is a Sempron LE-1250, I am running Windows XP Pro SP2.

As far as I can see, this is a supported configuration. What's going wrong?

0 Likes
6 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Ray random,

I suggest to use driver sweeper before installing catalyst. Then Download catalyst 10.12 and install it in express mode.

0 Likes

Good suggestion, Himanshu, but no luck.

I uninstalled Catalyst, rebooted into safe mode as Driver Sweeper recommends, cleaned the ATI driver, restarted and express installed Catalyst 10.12. Same result.

BTW, when the Windows install driver box pops up I just cancel it.

I'm assuming Catalyst/Information Center/Graphics Software/ should show "OpenCL Version xx.xx.xx"?

In GPU-Z the OpenCL check box is not checked.

0 Likes

I'm also the same.

I have Mobility Radeon HD5650(HP dv6a).

but this can't run OpenCL program and not recognized in CLInfo.exe

Of course, APP was installed.

0 Likes

CLInfo seems to be failing because it is making an SP3 call to Kernel.dll.

Can anyone confirm OpenCL on XP requires SP3?

This is not stated as a requirement anywhere I can find.

0 Likes

yes it need SP3. at least i read someone on WinXp get it work after instaling SP3.

0 Likes

Sorry I missed that one first time.

You need sp3 for xp32 for openCL to work properly. You can get detailed requirements for any system on the first page of installation notes. Here is a section of your interest:

the following updates installed on a Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit system.
– Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
– Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package.
– Optionally (for building the Microsoft Visual Studio® projects): Microsoft Visual Studio
2008 Professional Edition.

0 Likes