cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

oscarbarenys1
Adept II

PLease Provide AMD HD3D programmer info!

So provide how to program our D3D applications to use natively

HD3D and not wrappers as IZ3D and DDD so I can control which I send to each eye..

It's supported right now on D3D9,D3D10 and D3d11?

Also what about OGL we can expect to be exposed as OpenGL quad buffered support on consumer Radeons or at least on FireGL/Pro cards where OpenGL stereo is supported so we can output to HDMI 1.4a or DP 1.2 outputs?

More info for developers PLease

0 Likes
5 Replies
dmeiser
Elite

+1.

Have been searching/waiting for this info for close to a month now.

0 Likes

Very strange for 'open stereo initiative'

0 Likes
madshi
Journeyman III

+1.

Want to render stereo videos through DX9/DX10/DX11 + HDMI 1.4a. Zero information available on how to do that.

0 Likes

HDMI 1.4a provides a straightforward standard-(although 720p @ 60Hz and only 1080p @ Not-60Hz seems a bit underwhelming if the LCDs can run 1080p @ 120Hz...or the ones that can do 240Hz...sigh )

C'mon AMD...this is the chance to step past Nvidia.  Please expose a mode to write Left/Right buffers...or use I3D_Genlock if possible to sync output for screens?

We use Quadros under OpenGL w/ quad-buffered stereo & the NVision stuff...but that's only working for tiny 24" ViewSonic/Samsungs...there are tons of new 3D TVs...we should be supporting them with Consumer AMD cards before they all go back in the tech-closet for another decade...(like they did in the late 90's)

Only native support is gonna look great...these TriDef/Z3D and Nvidia drivers can never supplant the native (& simple) configuration of two eye buffers.

Vuzix lets us just render every other frame...very simple-

Is there any news to share?

(sorry for the long verbiage, but this has a big impact on simulation/vr-space project pitches)

0 Likes

What's new in this research?

Where answers, officials?

0 Likes