cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

panphone
Journeyman III

what need the client computer install?

I copy the opencl.dll to the client computer,but it doesn't work.How can I do?

0 Likes
7 Replies
nou
Exemplar

if he has radeon GPU then install Catalyst APP version. otherwise install AMD Stream SDK.

0 Likes

if I only use CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU ,what's the difference between copying opencl.dll and installing AMD Stream SDK?

0 Likes

opencl.dll is just loader for vendors implementation. there are more files which are needed for complete OpenCL driver.

0 Likes

panphone,

Are you trying to run prebuilt binaries or are you planning to build the program at client side( for proper optimizations in accordance with client resources)?

0 Likes

himanshu.gautam,

I build the program at client side,and the context in my program is CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, if the client computer has OpenCL graphics cards ,the program use GPU to accelerate, or  just CPU to calculate.

I successfully run my OpenCL application on client computer which has not installed  ATI Stream SDK ,implemented as follows:

1. Under the installation directory make a new folder named "atiruntime";

2. Copy the "bin" and the "lib" folder under The ATI Stream SDK installation directory and Khronos.reg (export from the computer which has installed ATI Stream SDK) to the "atiruntime" folder.

3.launch the program with a batch file like the follows:

@ Echo off

set ATISTREAMSDKROOT =%cd%\atiruntime\

set path =%ATISTREAMSDKROOT%bin\x86;%path%

REGEDIT /S %ATISTREAMSDKROOT%Khronos.reg

myapplication.exe param1,param2

In this step ,can also set the environment variables and import  registry with the installer.

0 Likes

IMHO you should set this on instalation time. not every time you start it.

0 Likes

I think my method will not increase the waste to the system.

0 Likes