Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

miguel_angel
Journeyman III

10-bit color per channel support on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series

10-bit color per channel support on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series

I'm not sure if this is correct place for this consultation, I have exhausted all other ways to contact ati/amd, so please, if no the correct place, my apologies.

I would like to make a technical consultation on the graphic card ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Graphics , I'm thinking of buying this card, but I have a technical question. I know this model has a DisplayPort output, my the idea is to connect this graphics card to my display, an EIZO CG243W display to his DisplayPort input and have support for 10 bit per channel color deep .

My question is, provides the Display Port output of this card model a density of 10-bit color per channel (Full 30-bit Display Pipeline, just like the ATI FirePro family)? It makes sense to use the displayport output of the ATI Radeon™ HD 5870  for a full 10-bit color per channel?

If not, please, anybody know what "consumer" ati cards , other than the proffesional FirePro Series support a full 10-bit color per channel?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Miguel Angel.

0 Likes
3 Replies
jessezhou
Journeyman III

Only FireGL cards support 10bit.

0 Likes
charlsadam
Journeyman III

hi,

What apps support 10bit color?

Apartments  berlin Rent your apartmen in berlin Here you will find lots of different apartments in berlin. If you are planing a trip to berlin you should check out this website to get you Apartments berlin. 
0 Likes

Hello,

Photoshop CS5(and others windows apps i think)+Windows 7+ATI FirePro Series +Wide wamut display = 10bit per channel colour.

I need to buy a new graphic card, so I want to know if can go  to a "consumer" ati card if it can support 10 bit (Radeon HD 5000 Series) so I can use to games too, or go to the ATI FirePro and can't use for games (or I think so for the FirePro series). To the date it appears I must go to the 2nd option.

Thanks you,

Miguel Angel.

0 Likes