Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sarobi
Adept III

OpenCL 1.1 / CUDA Comparison

ATI Stream SDK v2.2 / CUDA Toolkit 3.2

Are there any comparisons on the web? I like to know the differences in terms of feature sets.

0 Likes
4 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Definitely CUDA is much more mature and hence very stable as compared to current openCL implementations. It might also have some features which are presently not supported in OpenCL.

But OpenCL is open Standard and cross platform. This makes openCL the preferable programming language of future. The implementations are rapidly evolving and new features are added in every release.

Anyhow I am not much familiar with CUDA and you might get more info about it at NVIDIA forums.

Thanks

0 Likes

Originally posted by: himanshu.gautam Definitely CUDA is much more mature and hence very stable as compared to current openCL implementations. It might also have some features which are presently not supported in OpenCL.

But OpenCL is open Standard and cross platform. This makes openCL the preferable programming language of future. The implementations are rapidly evolving and new features are added in every release.

Anyhow I am not much familiar with CUDA and you might get more info about it at NVIDIA forums.

Thanks

I asked already in the General CUDA GPU Computing Discussion forum on forums.nvidia.com but so far there are no relevant replies. I'm surprised not even nVidia has a detailed feature comparison table to sell CUDA.

0 Likes

is.muni.cz/th/256732/fi_b/OpenCL_thesis_KK.pdf

hi,

i found this link having a image with OpenCL and CUDA comaprison.

also a lot of links a the bibliography section might interest you.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: himanshu.gautam is.muni.cz/th/256732/fi_b/OpenCL_thesis_KK.pdf

hi,

i found this link having a image with OpenCL and CUDA comaprison.

also a lot of links a the bibliography section might interest you.

Hey Himanshu,

Thanks for the link. Nice found!

0 Likes